Read Roundhouse and Partnership for Young London's new report that exposes the barriers young people face when entering the creative industries.
In a time when the sector is flourishing, it’s crucial to face
the reality that many young people are largely unaware of the potential
opportunities within the creative industries, or don’t feel welcome. This report
highlights the many challenges that particularly BAME young people face along
this journey from education, to family, and in the industry.
Its time we face up to the reality that many young people are largely unaware of the potential opportunities within our industry, or dont feel welcome. So we are calling on the industry and people of influence to make the following changes:
- The creative industries need to stop using unpaid internships
- The industry needs to overhaul entry-level career recruitment practices
- There needs to be a new careers advice and guidance strategy
- Young creatives who dont go to university need to be supported through grants
- Government should add creative subjects to the EBacc
If youre interested in talking to us about the report, or its recommendations, please get in touch email@example.com