Ideal for someone interested in a career in the cultural, heritage or Arts Sector.
Main Purpose of Traineeship:
To gain knowledge and experience of working in the Arts and Cultural sector through a bespoke training programme.
To understand how to support the development and delivery of heritage
learning, interpretation and participation programmes at Orleans House
Gallery and the Environment Trust.
To undertake compulsory training to develop skills that will enable
entry into a career path in the cultural, heritage or Arts Sector.
- Engage with delivery of heritage learning and interpretation
activities with a variety of learner groups through hands on training
with artists and workshop leaders. Trainees will develop skills in:
research, how to plan and prepare for education sessions, and how to
- Gain knowledge and understanding of the evaluation process for
heritage learning by gathering and analysing feedback for users and
non-users that may be used for funding applications.
- Learn techniques for successful marketing, recruitment and
fundraising for heritage learning programmes. This will include
developing skills in enhancing the social media presence of education
programmes and supporting the development of project and funding
applications that will improve the accessibility of historic buildings
for school children.
- Develop skills in creating accessible learning and interpretation
resources relating to the collections, buildings and site. This will
include research on local heritage buildings using online, archival and
- Experience leadership and working on initiative by devising and
undertaking individual training projects (one at Orleans House Gallery
and one at the Environment Trust, Richmond)
- Learn how to collaborate, support and recognise volunteers engaging
with heritage learning programmes. This will include publishing
volunteer research using the Environment Trust wiki
- Complete a training log and contribute to evaluation requirements of Skills for the Future programme.
An Open Day to find out more about the Traineeship and the Gallery
will be held on Wednesday 17th December 12-4pm (booking required).
To book for the Open day or for a full Traineeship description
including desired skills, qualifications,experiences and application
form please contact Alice.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 831 6445