Artquest are partnering with the Museum of the Home who are funding a new research residency for an early career London based artist.
Deadline: 19th July 2021
One selected artist will receive
- An award of £3,000 to develop their practice in response to the Museum of the Homes collections.
- A further £850 to deliver a public-facing event that showcases their thinking and research undertaken over the residency period
- Special access to Museum collections and curatorial staff
This is an incredible opportunity for an early career London-based
artist, working in any medium, to develop their practice responding to
material in the new Collections Library at the Museum of the Home. The
selected artist will explore the Museums collection with support from
its curators at a pivotal point in the Museums development and its
reopening to the public in 2021.
We particularly welcome applications from artists from
under-represented groups in the arts, including those based on gender,
sexuality, disability, ethnic origin, experience of migration,
socio-economic background, and maternity / paternity.
Please note, that this is not a studio residency and does not provide a studio/workspace to complete any work.
The awarded artist will be expected to:
- Visit the Museum and engage with the collections at least one day a
week over the research period (20 September 26 November 2021).
Alternative arrangements can be made to access digital aspects of the
collection if social distancing restrictions prevent physical access.
- Participate in x 4 interviews over the residency period which will be published on the Museum of the Home and Artquest websites.
- Produce online content (articles, video, social media posts etc)
about their experiences on the residency (details to be decided in
conversation with Artquest and the Museum of the Home)
- Work with Artquest and the Museum of the Home to organise a closing
event to showcase their thinking, research and work over the period of
For more information, visit the website.