We are looking for an Admin Apprentice who is interested in training to provide high quality administrative and production support, particularly in public institutions and museum environments. Application closing date is Monday 8 November 12 noon. Salary is £20,200 per annum.
The Barbican is Europe’s largest multi-arts venue presenting a diverse range of art, music, theatre, dance, film, and creative learning events.
Barbican International Enterprises curate and develop exhibitions at the forefront of digital technology and innovation. Our curatorial approach explores the rapidly changing world we inhabit and our co-evolution with technology. We create unique collaborations across art, science, technology, and popular culture, offering a fresh, global perspective on urgent issues. We produce holistic environments in which contemporary art, immersive experiences, historical artefacts, design, videogaming, and music provide an unparalleled creative exploration of essential narratives. Our exhibitions differ from a traditional museum or art gallery experience. They occupy a physical space, but with predominantly digital and interactive works.
There is an opportunity to join the BIE team in the administration and production support to the department and development of new projects. The apprentice will be able to learn and work alongside experienced administrative colleagues as well as assist the work of curators and exhibition managers on a wide range of projects. Our small team manages a portfolio with 5 touring exhibitions and develops a major exhibition every year, as well as other new and expanding business opportunities.
We are looking for an Admin Apprentice who is interested in training to provide high quality administrative and production support, particularly in public institutions and museum environments.
- Higher-education/previous experience is not necessary for the position all candidates will be assessed based on the quality of their application. We will be prioritising applicants without a higher-education background.
- You will have excellent communication skills and aim to provide the highest level of customer service.
- You have an interest in developing administrative and organisation skills, with the ability to work well under pressure both independently and as part of a dynamic and supportive team.
- You might have interest in art, design, pop culture, videogames, film, and digital culture.
To qualify for this apprenticeship, you will need to be:
- 16 or over by the end of the summer holidays
- Living in England
- Not in full-time education at the time of applying
For more information about the Barbican International Enterprises programme, please visit http://www.barbican.org.uk/bie
To apply online and further information, please follow instructions in the link here: https://jobs.cityoflondon.gov.uk/citrentp_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID%3D869926VJ7k%1B&WVID=48351134Nh&LANG=USA&utm_source=joragb&utm_campaign=joragb&utm_medium=organic
Closing date: 12 noon on 8 November 2021