This interactive workshop is geared towards increasing the knowledge and raising the awareness for workers and organisations that intend or are currently working with girl gangs. The session will explore some of the issues when working with girls in gangs and include updates on the policy and initiative context.
Practitioners working with young women who are in gangs, influenced by them or are victims of girl gangs. Practitioners working generally around Girls issues, or in Gang work.
Topics covered during the workshop will include:
- What is a gang? Why do girls/young women join gangs?
- Roles girls and young women play in a gang
- Girls as perpetrators and as victims
- The rise in girl gangs
- Raising awareness of issues facing youth workers, when working with girls in gangs
- Society and stereotypes
- Examples of good practice of work with girls in gangs
- Policy update
By the end of the course participants will:
- Have an understanding of why girls and young women join gangs
- Be aware of the roles that girls and young women play within those gangs.
- Have an understanding of how gangs are structured
- Have an understanding of skills required to work with girl and young women involved in gangs
- Be aware of current Government policy in this area and current related initiatives
£98 per person (no VAT)
How to join:
Please book online: http://www.15billion.org/training-directory/dir/listing/61