The workshop will examine the safety implications of using new technologies to engage with children and young people. It is an introduction to new technologies as well as the privacy and safeguarding issues facing children, young people, staff and volunteers and what steps to take to protect your organisations presence online.
This training has been developed in partnership with:
Voluntary Action Lewisham and Lewisham Education Arts Networkdiscounts available for members of one of these organisation.
£20 for members
£25 for non members
To qualify for the discount as a member of LEAN you must be registered on this website.
- Should we use Facebook to promote an event? Is it safe?
- Should staff and volunteers be allowed to use camera enabled phones to take photos of children?
- What are the risks to children and young people using social networking?
- What do I do if a child approaches me for advice on staying safe online?
- How do I get inappropriate content removed from a social networking site?
Who should attend? Anyone working within the field of children and young people and using social media, or thinking of doing so, to organise, promote and advertise events in the VCS or statutory sectors. This includes, the designated safeguarding person, communications and events or social media manager, front-line staff and practitioners, managers and volunteers.
Date: May 10th 2011
Location: Civic Suite, Catford
Trainer: Chris Atkinson, Online safety and content management consultant
For more info and booking contact: email@example.com 020 8314 6582
You can also contact Jane Hendrie at LEAN