Community Workers Training at the Horniman Museum
This day is for people working with community and voluntary sector groups and local services.
The training aims to give you skills and ideas for how to use the museum and its resources with the groups you work with.
Museum staff will pass on skills and information to help you:
- use the museum, its collections and its garden for enjoyment, learning and inspiration
- use the museum to enhance wellbeing for members of your group
- develop a creative project that uses the museum and its collections
- get the most out of a visit with your group
- get some new and inspirational ideas to use museum objects in your practice
- understand how the museum works and the support we can offer to you and your group
The training day is held in the amazing Hands on Base the room that houses over 3,000 objects to handle and explore. There will also be time to get to know the gardens and galleries.
To book a place or find out more please contact Rachel Harrison ASAP.
If you think you might like to do this training but cant decide if it is for you please call Rachel!
Tuesday 28th January 2014
Community Engagement Officer
Telephone: 0208 291 8725