This is a two-day course at the National Theatre, focusing on how teachers can create more of an impact in the classroom, staffroom and playground.
The Theatreworks for Teachers and Personal Impact for Teachers course aims to give participants:
· An insight into what makes people interesting to listen to
· An understanding of physical presence and body language
· Techniques for using voice and language more effectively
· The confidence to be spontaneous, creative and quick-thinking
· Increased gravitas
· Time to focus on their own personal development
The course offers teachers the opportunity to take risks and try out new techniques in a safe and confidential environment and come away with skills that will benefit them in the classroom, staffroom, playground and beyond. The courses take place at the National Theatre and are aimed at teachers of all subjects – in particular those teaching non-arts subjects. The work is equally relevant to primary, as well as secondary teachers and will benefit both experienced and newly-qualified teachers.
Cost includes an evening buffet and one ticket to a National Theatre performance on 25 November