An opportunity to share tips and tricks with other arts engaged teachers
Date: Thursday 10th June 2021 4.30-6.30pm
Have you been doing some brilliant Creative Arts Education work in your school that you want to shout about?
Would you like to share your tips and tricks with other Arts-engaged teachers?
LEAN is hosting a Teachers’ Event on Thursday 10th June! This is a chance to celebrate the creative work that’s being made in Lewisham schools.
Listen to how and why schools made their arts projects and share your own! Come along and talk about the work you are currently making and discuss the arts and cultural projects you would like to pursue next.
You will also have the opportunity to share ideas with Arts Organisations, artists, and freelancers!
We are keen to hear from as many Lewisham schools as possible. We want to hear about the creative work your children and young people have been making in all forms:
- As part of the curriculum
- Cross curriculum projects
- Projects delivered in conjunction with another school or Arts/Cultural Organisation
We are also interested in hearing any ideas, plans, or wishes you have for future projects.
Examples of future ideas could be:
- A theme you would like to explore through the arts (e.g. Climate Change)
- An artform you would like to strengthen or a new genre you would like to introduce to the school
- A year group or group of children/young people you would like to particularly engage
- Using the Arts to explore a school, national, or international issue
- A specific project idea that needs outside knowledge or expertise (e.g. a school mural that needs an artist)
This event will also be open to Arts Organisations and artists. This offers a unique opportunity to create partnerships that may help move a ‘future idea’ into a concrete reality.