A series of courses on Sex and Relationships Education are being held for professionals in Lewisham throughout February and March.
The courses include:
- Sexual Bullying, Wed 15th Feb 10.00-3.00 – To enhance participants understanding of sexual bullying and how to ensure that staff are aware of/for responding to/resolving/recording and reporting sexual bullying, and supporting young people who have experienced sexual bullying.
- Sex, Law and Policy, Thurs 23rd Feb 10.00-1.00 – To clarify and explore the law relating to sex and young people, and to look at current legislation effecting sex and relationships education.
- SRE, Faith & Culture, Tue 6th March 10.00-3.00 – To show how faith, culture, beliefs and values can influence and impact on SRE within youth and education settings.
- Boys and Sexuality, Wed 14th Mar 10.00-3.00 -To explore the issues of boys and their sexuality in a modern society.
- Pornography and Young People, Thurs 22nd Mar 10.00-3.00 – To explore the impact and influence of pornography on young peoples attitudes towards sex and relationships.
Due to limited numbers/places courses are booked on a first come first service basis. It is advisable that all participants interested in these courses to book as early as possible. These courses are free for professionals working in Lewisham statutory agencies (NHS and Local Authority) and for voluntary sector workers.
Training venues are TBC.