Creating Routes Trainees get the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills and experience needed to get employment in Participatory Arts through:
- monthly group meetings and check-ins with mentors
- practical workshops with professionals, peers and Goldsmiths’ MA students
- work in community settings with experienced facilitators and other trainees (there will be some paid opportunities)
- individual reflection through journals
SEPTEMBER 2015 JUNE 2016
Creating Routes is a flexible programme. Most activities particularly work placements can be arranged at a time to suit you. However, there are some fixed dates:
- CR Group Sessions: Last Tuesday of the month, 6 8.30pm (starting 29 September)
- Practical workshops at Goldsmiths: Mondays 12 Oct, 9 Nov 7 Dec, 2.30-6pm
- MA Classes at Goldsmiths: Tuesdays 10 Nov 8 Dec, 10-5pm:
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Creating Routes is open to theatre-makers aged between 18 and 25 years old.
The programme is designed to diversify the field of participatory arts, so we are seeking applicants from cultural groups who are currently under-represented in the field e.g. Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic artists, those with disabilities and/or those who may not be able to access the traditional academic routes.
Apply by Monday 21st September 2015