This CPD workshop will ideally suit teachers who need further ideas about how to make a professional work accessible to mixed abilities/children with little or no dance experience.
Date: 28 Oct 2018, 10:00 - 14:00
Venue: Royal Academy of Dance, 36 Battersea Square, SW11 3RA
Non-members Fee: £104
The half-day workshop will focus on how to devise dance workshops, starting with a modelled example that all teachers will participate in, based on a professional dance work. This will be used as a starting point to explore the different components within it, both through discussion and further practical activities. Teachers will then be taken through the journey of planning a workshop based on a different repertoire, with ideas for adapting to different age groups and abilities. Finally, teachers will work together in small groups to devise their own workshop in response to other professional dance works, with opportunities to share ideas and receive feedback.
The aims of this workshop are to:
- Equip participants with the skills to plan and deliver dance workshops based on professional dance repertoire for a range of ages and abilities.
- Explore approaches to the planning process in an exciting and interactive manner, gathering new ideas and practical strategies.
On completion of the workshop you will:
- Have a greater understanding of how professional dance works can be taught in an interactive, accessible and inclusive manner.
- Have gained knowledge of how to devise a dance workshop including theme, structure, and content.
- Be able to adapt workshop to suit different ages and abilities.