We know that outdoor arts events can have incredible impact but where's the evidence, how do we prove it?
Arts Council England have funded Audiences London to develop a toolkit of resources to support organisations in planning and evaluating outdoor and non venue-based arts events. This free symposium is the culmination of that project, and will address:
– Why audience evaluation matters and the challenges that are faced
– Focus on methods, tools and techniques
– Case studies – including Create Festival 2011
– Key audience characteristics
– How to make the case for funders and partnerships
– Looking ahead to 2012 a year of unprecedented opportunities
Suitable for producers, organisers, commissioners and funders of outdoor arts events, we hope to encourage debate and collaboration in developing a body of evidence and useful planning information relating to audiences for outdoor events.
The event is free and open to all UK arts organisations, agencies and local authorities. Places are limited to two per organisation and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. There will also be a waiting list should additional places become available.