Free courses for those who work in community and voluntary sector groups and local services.
Two separate courses from the Horniman:
Training for Group Leaders:
Free one-day training courses provide the skills and
knowledge needed for Community Group Leaders to use the museum, its
collections and its Gardens independently for their own projects and
This training is only for community or voluntary sector Group Leaders
who want to bring their clients of all ages and support needs to enjoy
the Horniman. It is also valuable for organisations who are exploring
developing a partnership with the museum.
The training is followed by two free one-to-one sessions.
For dates, information and to book a place, contact Community Learning on 020 8291 8690 or email@example.com
_ _ _
Community Workers Training at the Horniman Museum: Using Objects for Creativity and Learning
Tuesday 10 June 2014, 9am 4:30pm
This day is for people working with community and voluntary sector groups and local services.
The training aims to give you skills and ideas for how to use the museum and its resources with the groups you work with.
Museum staff will pass on skills and information to help you:
- use the museum, its collections and its garden for enjoyment, learning and inspiration
- use the museum to enhance wellbeing for members of your group
- develop a creative project that uses the museum and its collections
- get the most out of a visit with your group
- get some new and inspirational ideas to use museum objects in your practice
- understand how the museum works and the support we can offer to you and your group
The training day is held in the amazing Hands on Base
the room that houses over 3,000 objects to handle and explore. There
will also be time to get to know the gardens and galleries.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 291 8690