A practical session on market research for artists wishing to develop their creative micro business offering workshops to adults
BRANCH OUT are an on-going series of workshops for artists wanting to develop their micro business running creative workshops with adults. The seminar covers skills that can be applied to any area of art practice, for example dance, drama, music, visual arts, craft, participatory arts, interdisciplinary arts, digital arts & more.
Keep an eye on our website for more BRANCH OUT workshops in 2013.
Market research helps you understand your customers, the demand for your services, and can help make your micro business a success. This seminar helps you to identify the tools and understanding you need to research your specific market.
What is marketing?
the chances are that you are already carrying out more marketing than you think.
Think about what you do Your instincts tell you that getting to know what customers want on an individual basis, and providing it, is what will keep you in business.
Marketing and the 7Ps, from Chartered Institute of Marketing.
6-9pm, Wed 13 February 2013
At The Albany, Douglas Way, Deptford SE8 4AG
At the end of the seminar you will :
- Know what market research is all about
- Leave with a raft of ideas as to how to reach potential clients
- Be able to use and understand circles of influence
- Have created a pitch for talking to venues
- Have come up with ideas as to who you might need to partner with
- Have increased your confidence to find out what potential clients want and why this is important
- Know how to go about researching your market
Participants should come with a service (workshop) they want to test.
Trainer: Our experience trainer is Catherine Pestano, Fellow of the School for Social Entrepreneurs and the RSA and has been a Lecturer with one of Europe’s largest business schools, helping people to develop themselves and take their organisations to the next level.