This free half-day introduction to Autism Awareness training is suitable for those working in the arts education sector.
The session aims to equip participants with an understanding of:
- autism as a spectrum condition that is lifelong
- key characteristics understanding the main differences found in people with autism, particularly in their cognitive processing (style of thinking and understanding)
- particular areas of difficulty, for example, in communication
Following the training participants should be enabled to:
- improve communication with individuals with an Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC)
- have greater understanding of the needs of those with an ASC and how to meet them
- recognise the impact of the environment on individuals with as ASC
Training will consist of a presentation, video clips and a Q&A session. The trainer is Jenny Ronayne, MA, BSC, MBACP.
Available training dates are as follows:
- Friday 28th September 2012: 9.30am-12.30pm or 1.30pm-4.30pm
- Monday 8th October 2012: 9.30am-12.30pm or 1.30pm-4.30pm
- Monday 22nd October 2012: 9.30am-12.30pm or 1.30pm-4.30pm
- Monday 19th November 2012: 9.30am-12.30pm or 1.30pm-4.30pm
Contact email@example.com if you are interested in taking part.