Branch Out: how to offer creative activities to adults and make them work
An Action Learning Set to help you through the difficult early stages.
We are looking for 7 artists wishing to develop their creative micro business offering workshops to adults, to take part in a new very low cost personal development scheme called an Action Learning Set. This will run at the Civic Suite in Catford, south east London between February and July 2013.
Now open for booking. Please complete the expression of interest form to download below after reading the information and terms and conditions.
£30.00 in total for 6 sessions.
A practical session on market research
6-9pm, Wed 13 Feb
- Know what market research is all about
- Leave with a raft of ideas as to how to reach potential clients
- use circles of influence
- create a pitch for talking to venues
- come up with ideas as to who you might need to partner with
- Increase your confidence to find out what potential clients want and why this is important
- Know how to go about researching your market
Participants should come with a service (workshop) they want to test.
Trainer: Catherine Pestano, Fellow of the School for Social Entrepreneurs and the RSA and has been a Lecturer with one of Europe’s largest business schools, helping people to develop themselves and take their organisations to the next level.
An introduction to teaching adults: another chance to do this course
2 evening sessions in March 2013 – dates TBC
- Have you never received any formal training or need a refresher?
- Want some tips from the experts on how to ensure your clients get the best out of their sessions and dont walk with their feet?
- Want to know how formal teaching techniques (inclusivity, differentiation, boundaries, assessment) have a place in informal learning and keep your clients coming back?
This is the training for you.
Trainer: Graham de Smidt MA(Ed), BA Hons (Psychol), BA (Photog), Cert Ed. Consultant Professional and Adult Education, Training and Curriculum Development. Graham De Smidt is an exceptional teacher trainer with a excellent track record both at Lewisham College and within the sector.
‘Although I completed the feedback form on the above workshop, I just had to write to stress how incredibly marvellous this two week course ended up being. Graham truly expanded our boundaries, and lead us into territories filled with a wealth of information! I cannot praise the usefulness of this course enough – it was truly superb!’
Open for booking January 2013.
Cost: £10:00 per session (total fee £20.00)
Follw us on Twitter to make sure you don’t miss out on these courses