Arts Council England, Shared Intelligence and the National Foundation for Educational Research has published a detailed literature review that compares 31 different arts evaluation tools that are currently in use.
NFER has also developed seven quality principles that they believe underpin cultural learning:
- Striving for excellence
- Being authentic
- Being exciting, inspiring and engaging
- Ensuring a positive, child-centred experience
- Actively involving children and young people
- Providing a sense of personal progression
- Developing a sense of ownership and belonging.
You can read the full report, including a review of all 31 tools, at the NFER website.