Information, Statistics and Predictions for Lewisham
This information comes from Lewisham Council, who are in the
process of analysing newly published data sets. Watch this space for further
information and statistics.
This is what we know so far:
- 53 of Lewishams 54 councillors are from the Labour Party
- Lewisham is the 13th largest borough in London by
population size (292,000) and the 5th largest in Inner London
(Source: MYE 2014, Office for National Statistics)
- Prediction Lewishams population will reach 369,000 by
2037, up 27% compared to 2015
- One in four Lewisham residents are aged 0-19
- 3 in 10 Lewisham children live in poverty
- 153,400 (75%) of residents are in employment which is
above the London average
- However 6.5% are unemployed which is marginally below the
- Some 16% of households in the borough are lone parent
- Average life expectancy for men is 78.7 compared to 83 for
women both below the England average.
- Life expectancy is 7.7 years lower for men and 6.6 lower for
women in the most deprived areas of Lewisham compared to the least.