The Arts Council's new Let's Create strategy aims by 2030 for England to be a country in which the creativity of each of us is valued and given the chance to flourish, and where everyone has access to a remarkable range of high-quality cultural experiences.
Lets Create is the result of nearly two years of evidence-gathering and consultation with people working in museums, libraries and arts organisations, the public, our stakeholders and our staff.
The Strategy centres around three Outcomes which we will work to deliver over the next decade:
- Creative People: Everyone can develop and express creativity throughout their life.
- Cultural Communities: Villages, towns and cities thrive through a collaborative approach to culture.
- A creative and cultural country: Englands cultural sector is innovative, collaborative and international.
To achieve these the Arts Council and the organisations and people we invest in will need to adapt, steered by our four Investment Principles:
- Ambition & Quality: Cultural organisations are ambitious and committed to improving the quality of their work.
- Inclusivity & Relevance: Englands diversity is fully reflected in the organisations and individuals that we support and in the culture they produce.
- Dynamism: Cultural organisations can thrive and are better able to respond to the challenges of the next decade.
- Environmental Responsibility: Cultural organisations lead the way in their approach to the climate emergency.
By committing to these Investment Principles, we believe organisations will be able to deliver the Outcomes and provide even greater benefit to the public.
More detailed information about Let’s Create can be found here.