Thanks to 314 freelancers and consultants who generously and openly took the time to respond to the survey in March and April this year, Museum Freelance have many insights to share about freelancers and freelancing in the sector.
Discover the findings of our large-scale survey into freelancing with museums, galleries, heritages sites, archives and libraries.
Museum Freelance have many insights to share about freelancers and freelancing in the sector.
- who freelancers are and what work they do;
- day rates and day rates by gender and role;
- what freelancers see are the main benefits and challenges to freelancing;
- their optimism and reflections on whether they feel valued and supported by sector organisations;
- what theyd like to change about freelancing in the sector;
- and Museum Freelances resulting next steps and more.
The findings will be presented in two free live Zoom sessions on 20th October.
One aimed at freelancers, 9.30-11am: the findings will be shared and participants can reflect on what the findings mean for them and their practice.
One aimed at SSOs, funders and clients, 12.30-1.30pm: the findings will be shared and implications for the sector.
The recordings and the full survey report will also be publicly available on our website from 20 October.