Freelance co-ordinator requried between Sept 2013 and March 2014
Exciting role for a highly organised individual looking to further their career in Youth Arts, Cultural Project or Festival Management. This festival provides taster sessions, workshops, activities and events for local young people aged 11-19. The period of work – 01 September 2013 to 31 March 2014. The Festival is in February 2014.
Freelance position – 3-5 days per week, flexible work day allocation. The post holder will make their own NI and Tax contributions and have their own public liability insurance.
Fee: up to £150-200 per day (dependant on experience)
Requirements of skills/experience, Essential criteria:
- Being able to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders such as young people, Council services, artists and VCS sector organisations
- Experience of working with young people and working in the cultural sector, with a track record in project management of at least two years
- Committed to widening access and creating opportunities for young people to participate in the programme, in particularly young people at risk of exclusion and non-attenders to the arts
- Knowledge of the current issues and debates within the youth arts and education sector
- A proven track record of managing projects (cultural and/or youth projects), including ability to devise and work to a project plan
- Excellent IT skills including the proficiency over PC based administration software, Excel spreadsheets and Internet use
- Candidate will be self-motivated and a self-starter that can hit the ground running with excellent time management
For more information, please email email@example.com who will send you the full job description.
Interested applicants for this post please send a covering letter & CV outlining why they would like to work on this project and demonstrate their experience and skills. Two references will be requested.
Email job application to Naleni.firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Cultural Development Team, Health & Community Services, London Borough of Hackney,1 Hillman Street, Hackney,London,E8 1DY.
Deadline for job applications: Friday 26th July 2013 (noon)
Interview dates: Thursday 22nd August 2013