Local organisation seek urgent appointment - part-time
Creekside Discovery Centre on Deptford Creek, offers an exciting range of indoor and outdoor activities for all ages. Walk through a wild river, fish for animals in their natural environment and experience the huge diversity of urban wildlife.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with an urban environmental charity to educate school aged children and adults during our busy summer period on urban wildlife and the sustainable future of Deptford Creek.
If you have the experience and ability to inspire, motivate and educate others about the river environment, are a creative and motivated team-player, this is a great chance for you.
Centre Learning Deliverer 23K pro rata, 2 days a week
Preferred start date: Immediately or as soon as possible by mutual agreement
Period of Contract: Until 31st August 2014 (Possible extension dependent on funding)
The role will involve:
- To provide hands-on delivery of education for all about tidal tributaries, rivers, wildlife, history and related subjects.
- Design and deliver interactive outdoor sessions for school groups linked to the national curriculum.
- To lead educational and recreational low tide walks and activities for all.
- To raise awareness of the work of the charity and increase numbers of paying visits as a result.
- To promote the centre to as wide an audience as possible to promote sustainable development of Deptford Creek and understanding of its value to the local area.
- To assist with the coordination of CET volunteers.
The candidates will have a range of skills and experiences including:
- Demonstrable skills in educational programme development and delivery of these to people of all backgrounds.
- Experience of teaching in formal or informal settings.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence in communicating with others in promoting the charity.
- Demonstrable experience of running events and activities and the administration skills needed for success.
- Experience in dealing with and managing the dynamics of groups outside a formal education environment.
- Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and work as part of a team
Please note: Some flexibility on number of days each week can be discussed.
Please download the application pack above to apply from here: http://www.creeksidecentre.org.uk/about-creekside/jobs/
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, 29th January 2014
Interview Date: Friday, 7th February 2014