Emergency support for theatre workers and freelancers across the UK in need of urgent and critical financial support due to the devastating impact of Covid-19 on the theatre sector. 1st round of applications closes 12 noon on Monday 13th July
The Fund has been made possible from a generous donation from Netflix.
The Theatre Development Trust’s ambition for the fund is to provide short-term relief to hundreds of theatre workers and freelancers across the UK, and particularly those from underrepresented groups disproportionately affected by the crisis.
Applications will open at 12 noon on Monday 6th July and you can view the application form here.
- If eligible, applicants can be considered for a one-off emergency grant of £1,000, which they can use towards living costs.
- Applicants will need to meet certain eligibility criteria, provide one form of proof and provide contact details of a theatre professional to act as a referee to verify their information.
- Only certain theatrical freelancer professions are eligible. These include such professions as: Circus Artist, Comedian, Choreographer / Movement Director, Education, Outreach and/or Participation etc. a full list is here.
- The first round of applications will open from 12 noon on Monday 6th July and remain open until 12 noon on Monday 13th July. The applications will be processed and reviewed against the eligibility criteria and support as many people as possible until all current funds are allocated.
- They will endeavour to let applicants (who apply in the first round) know about the outcome by the 27th July.
- A further round of applications will open, dependent on sufficient funds being available.
To be considered for an emergency grant of £1,000 from the Theatre Artists Fund, you will be asked which of the following statements apply to you.
- You are a theatre professional and have worked in one or many role/s (within the sector) totalling at least 8 weeks between January 1st 2019 and March 31st 2020
- You are in need of urgent financial assistance due to the Covid-19 pandemic
- You are self-employed or currently unemployed
- You are not currently furloughed by your employer on the Government’s Job Retention Scheme or received any support via the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
- You are not currently in full-time Further or Higher Education
- You are a resident of the UK
- You earn the majority of your income through professional theatre work in the UK
- You have less than £2,000 in savings
- You have not received support in excess of £1,500 from any other industry coronavirus emergency (COVID-19) grant scheme. Please note the ACE Project Fund does not count as an emergency grant in this context
- You have sought to access any statutory support (government provided i.e. Self-Employment Income Support Scheme) available to you and to reduce financial commitments wherever possible