The fund was founded in 2014 and exists to support projects and activities designed to improve the quality of life of Peabody residents and the wider community.
Deadline: 14th July 2021
The fund is able to support charities and community organisations providing ongoing/regular activities
benefitting residents of all ages. Priority will be given to:
- Organisations/projects addressing the needs of the most disadvantaged members of the community
- Peabody resident-led projects.
If an applicant organisation is not resident-led, they will need to
demonstrate strong connections with local residents, strong partnership
working in the locality, a commitment to the locality after the proposed
project is complete, and a clear understanding of community needs
- Youth-led projects up to the age of 24
- There will also be restricted funds for projects supporting Peabody residents living in Waltham Forest
- The 8 priority boroughs for 2021/22 are:
Barnet, Hammersmith & Fulham, Haringey, Kensington & Chelsea, Lewisham, Newham, Wandsworth and Westminster
Note: Activities must
demonstrate the beneficiaries will primarily be Peabody residents. To
find out where Peabody estates are near you, please refer to the Peabody website.
Projects must align with one or more of the three fund themes:
- Healthy helping people with their physical and mental wellbeing
- Wealthy supporting people to become financially independent through employment, enterprise and education
- Happy helping people make the most out of their lives through active citizenship, volunteering and community involvement
Grant size and project duration
Grants are available covering costs relating to your proposed project, and groups can request:
- Grants of up to £10,000 per year over 2 years (maximum request
of £20,000 in total) for organisations with an annual income of £250,000
- Grants of up to £15,000 per year over 2 years
(maximum request of £30,000 in total) for organisations with an annual
income between £250,001 and £500,000.
Applicants have the
option to either request 1 or 2-year funding – please note that there is
a maximum amount that can be requested per year at each income band
Income Threshold: Applicants must have an annual income of £500,000 or less.
There are 2 closing dates this year:
- Wednesday 14th July 2021 @ 12noon (for projects from October 2021 onwards). Decisions will be released by 30th
- Friday 10th December 2021 @ 12noon (for projects from late March 2022 onwards). Decisions will be released by 11th
For more information, visit the website.