An online match funding campaign run by the Big Give and The Childhood Trust
- The campaign is focused on
alleviating the impact of child poverty during the summer holidays when
children are particularly vulnerable.
- Match funding is generously
provided by The Childhood Trust to support charities working in this
- As part of the campaign, charities are also responsible for
raising match funds from their own major donors to contribute to their
- This matching pot is then used to leverage donations from
their wider supporter base and general public.
When is it?
The Summer Give 2017 will take place from 15th to 19th May 2017.
How does it work?
- Charities apply to take part via theBigGive.org.uk completing a short
application form, uploading details of their project and securing
commitments of pledges from their own major donors.
- Successful charities will then be selected to take part by The
Childhood Trust and will be given advice and assistance to market the
campaign to their own supporters.
- When the Summer Give goes live, donations will be doubled by the
- The matching pot for each charity is made up of
ring-fenced funds from a combination of two sources (pledges from
charities own supporters and funds from The Childhood Trust).
donations will be matched by the pledges until these funds are used up
and then donations will be matched by The Childhood Trust.