The grant is aimed at registered charities, as well as some local community and volunteer groups (including creative organisations) within Southwark. Deadline Monday 13th July.
In response to the COVID-19 crisis, Southwark Council will now provide cash grants to registered charities, as well as some local community and volunteer groups within Southwark.
The grants will be made as single payments for the month following the application period.
The application window for the third round of funding will open on 6 July and closes on 13 July
Who can apply
- registered charities
- constituted community and voluntary groups
- tenant management organisations and tenants’ and residents’ associations
- non-constituted grassroots groups of local volunteers
- local businesses who wish to use the funding specifically to deliver charitable aid and support
- re-applicants from the previous rounds of funding who want to get another grant
- organisations who are already working with the community hubs in Southwark will be discussing funding arrangements for support until September through existing arrangements and therefore shouldn’t apply through this scheme. However if there are other projects needing support not linked to the work of the hub, funding can be applied for through this scheme.
What the grant can be used for
- to provide immediate relief and support to people in Southwark, who are at risk of vulnerability and hardship because of the COVID-19 crisis, or
- you already provide support and these services are stretched due to the outbreak
View our policy for more details of the grant
Examples include, but are not limited to:
- delivering food and essential supplies
- providing advice and support about physical and mental health
- providing advice and support about employment, and welfare benefits
- support networks and services for the elderly or isolated
- running costs for providing this support, including volunteer expenses, staffing costs, transport and commercial rent (as long as youll be providing support to both existing and new beneficiari