Groundswell Arts is a not for profit organisation established on 2010 to develop inclusive and creative projects alongside and for educational and creative settings. We are seeking to employ 4 freelance musicians or singer songwriters - to work on our upcoming schools and early years programme The Lullaby Project
Image, Groundswell Arts
The Lullaby Project which has been running since 2011 has received
another round of funding from Youth Music to be rolled out and delivered
to 20 London Borough of Haringey schools and Childrens Centres between
The project is based on a specific methodology, which involves
working directly with the parents and carers to compose songs for and
about their young children. It is designed to support families and
involves a therapeutic, sensitive and bespoke approach to music making.
In addition to the song writing process you will be leading families,
young children (0-5) and practitioners in music making activities and
sharing useful pedagogy to support parents with making music in their
Applicants can read a report about this programme at
- The ability to compose lyrics and music in a quick turn around environment;
- A proficient ability on an instrument;
- A willingness to sing;
- An Ability to work with people from a range of backgrounds, cultures and circumstances;
- A technical knowledge of recording music
- An interest in developing the project through this phase.
The Successful candidate will:
- Be committed to the values and ethos of Groundswell Arts
- Have a sensitive personality, be understanding and a very good listener;
- Have an interest in community music making and early years;
- Be a great communicator;
- Have an interest in music for children and early years music pedagogy;
- Be flexible and creative;
- Organised and reliable;
Experience in the early years work is not compulsory but applicants must be willing to learn.
Succesful aplicants will be required to attend a training day on 18th July.
Fee: £800 per school
A full job description can be viewed at http://www.groundswellarts.com/jobs.html