This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced (10 years +) individual to work alongside our Founder & CEO, Sade, to co-design and lead this area of work.
Sour Lemons is a London based charity disrupting creative and cultural decision making tables with leaders who happen to be underrepresented. Enabling Environments is our targeted consultancy strand which exists to interrogate systems of oppression and put the responsibility back on to the organisations to change not the individual.
Our plans are ambitious and right now no one is offering this. It is not diversity and inclusion training. It is accountability frameworks and concrete action plans to move Anti-Racist statements of intent, into tangible actions and oppression free environments that enable everyone to thrive.
- Acute understanding of systemic oppression, how it manifests in society, within the cultural and creative industries and organisational structures
- A compelling storyteller and educator who can hold space for uncomfortable conversations and shift minds and hearts our vision is to make it impossible to not be aware
- Excellent facilitator with the ability to hold a room through an emotional heavy process (with a particular expertise is facilitating Black and Brown spaces)
- An inquisitive mind and experiential learning approach e.g. you dont learn or educate by sitting behind a desk
- A proven track record of delivering programmes and interventions that have successfully impacted representation and created inclusive environments
- Ideation and design thinking is your comfort zone our work is bespoke and inclusive which means flexible and creative approaches is our key to success
- Sharp analysis skills and the ability to interpret data & communicate it attention to detail and the ability to cut through to see the bigger picture
- Alignment with our core values: Grounded (Connected to Self), Radical Generosity (Connected to Others) and Activator of Ideas (creative change making)
This is a full time role and the salary is negotiable. Sour Lemons are based in London and work remotely so open to non-London based applicants.
If you are interested please fill out an expression of interest on our website as soon as possible. There is no deadline, we will close applications when we find the right person so please submit sooner rather than later.