The New Cross Gate Trust is currently seeking a representative of a local community or voluntary organisation to sit on its Board of Trustees. This is a voluntary position.
The Trusts’ board structure requires it to have two representatives from local voluntary or community organisations. To be eligible, you would need to work for, or represent another constituted local community or voluntary organisation within or around New Cross Gate.
The New Cross Gate Trust has been set up to benefit the people who live in the area. Your role as a trustee would be to help the Trust to deliver on its charitable objectives. The Board of Trustees support the Chair and staff in leading the strategic direction of the New Cross Gate Trust, as well as controlling the organisations management and administration.
The Companys objectives are to promote regeneration and community development for the benefit of people of New Cross Gate and the surrounding area, and in particular to:
- improve employment opportunities, promote training and development
- improve health and promote healthy lifestyle choices,
- reduce crime and improve community safety
- raise educational achievement and promote quality childcare
- promote good quality housing and enhance the physical environment
- be a strong voice for the local community, supporting community empowerment and building social capital, while demonstrating effective partnership working and open and robust governance.
- to pursue such other charitable objects as the Trustees may determine.
If you are interested in applying and would like further information or an application form, please contact Jenny Couper Strategy and Partnerships Manager for the Trust.
Closing date for applications is 31st January 2012.