Lewisham Youth Theatre seeks experienced drama practitioner for key staff role.
STEP UP PROGRAMME COORDINATOR
Lewisham Youth Theatre is seeking a drama practitioner
experienced in developing, coordinating and delivering theatre and
performance-based interventions for young people facing multiple
disadvantages. The Step Up Coordinator will coordinate and deliver a programme of activities that
engage young people who are Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET) or
who are otherwise at-risk, in LYTs core youth theatre activities. The
- Coordinating the programme of work, including recruiting
participants, planning & evaluating projects in line with LYTs core
- delivering targeted drama sessions and forum theatre
projects in the community
- building partnerships with local services for NEET and
- delivering in LYTs core youth theatre activities, working
alongside LYTs Outreach & Participation Coordinator
The successful candidate will become a core part of LYTs
£25000 to £27000 p/annum, pro rata (dependent on
The post is initially advertised at 24 hours (3 days) per week.
Potential of expansion of role, dependent on funding.
The Step Up Programme:
As part of LYTs commitment to providing equal access to
all, the Step-Up Project was set up in 2011 to increase access to LYTs youth
theatre activities for young people who are NEET, at-risk of becoming NEET or
who would otherwise not be able to access LYTs services.
Each year, as part of Step-Up, we now offer:
- 1 to 1 mentoring across the youth theatre but with
particular support for those most at risk,
- Daytime Life Skills project – using drama as a tool to
develop and increase employability,
- Creative Training Project a Forum Theatre project
creating and touring a devised theatre piece offering as near to
professional experience as possible,
- Outreach Project working with partners in the
community with those most at risk.
Please see the attached job description for more information
and application guidelines. (This pack can also be downloaded from http://www.lewishamyouththeatre.com/pages/get-involved/work-for-us)
Closing Date: Monday 14th September,