The Small Business Support Fund is a discretionary grant fund for small businesses, including charities, that were not eligible for the Small Business Grant Fund or the Retail, Leisure and Hospitality Fund. Deadline now 5pm Friday 3 July
The Government has allocated £2 million for Lewisham and the Council have been working to determine the fairest way for this to be distributed to businesses most in need across the borough.
The Lewisham Small Business Support Fund will help local charities, social enterprises and small businesses which have experienced a significant decrease in income as a result of the pandemic and have not yet received financial support.
- Charities identified by Lewisham’s Revenue Services as in receipt of charitable business rates relief, which would otherwise have been eligible for 100% Small Business Rates Relief. £5,000 per organisation.
- Small businesses and social enterprises in shared offices or other flexible workspaces which do not have their own business rates assessment. £5,000 for those employing fewer than ten people, £10,000 for those employing ten or more people.
- Small businesses and social enterprises in the Cultural, Creative and Evening and Night Time Economy sectors with a rateable value of less than £51,000. £5,000 for those employing less than ten people, £10,000 for those employing ten or more people.
- Independent grassroots, small businesses or social enterprises that make a considerable impact to the local economy and the vibrancy of our high streets and town centres. These growth builders support a significant number of jobs, encourage footfall and trade in the area and are crucial for our local economys growth and strategic regeneration. Grants up to £25,000 per organisation.
Who is eligible to apply?
Your business must:
- be based in the London Borough of Lewisham
- be a small business, charity or social enterprise with employees
- have relatively high ongoing fixed property-related costs
- occupy a property, or part of a property, with a rateable value, annual rent or annual mortgage payments below £51,000. This does not apply to the ‘growth builder’ funding category.
- have suffered a significant and demonstrable fall in income due to COVID-19
- have been trading on 11 March 2020.
MORE INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE ON LEWISHAM COUNCIL’S WEBSITE
Applications deadline extended to 5pm Friday 3 July.
APPLICATION FORMS CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM THIS PAGE. CHECK LEWISHAM’S WEBSITE TO ENSURE YOU COMPLETE THE CORRECT FORM.