The Photography Foundation is looking for a dynamic Education & Community Coordinator to join the team and support our Foundation Manager in delivering the trainee programme and community outreach projects.
The Photography Foundation creates pathways to professional photography for less advantaged
and under-represented young adults in London by offering education, work experience and
alternative routes to a career in the creative industries.
For many young adults, a lack of financial resources, opportunities or industry connections mean
that a career in photography is out of reach. We believe that talent and motivation should be more
important than who you know or where you come from, and it’s our mission to make this a reality.
Through our trainee programme and community outreach projects, we aim to remove barriers to
entry and open up photography careers to all, welcoming in the next generation of diverse creative
You will be supporting our Foundation Manager, Bella Okuya, with all aspects of delivering our
trainee programme and community projects.
Here are some key areas youll be involved in:
– Coordinate the recruitment, delivery and evaluation of our trainee programme
– Be the first point of contact for all trainee and mentor enquiries
– Support the Foundation Manager to implement onboarding procedures, monitoring
processes and robust evaluations for the trainee programme
– Support the trainees in coordinating any resources they might need for their projects and
– Support the Foundation Manager to coordinate the programme of public talks and events
– Take the lead on our community arts outreach projects, including the development,
coordination and co-facilitation of sessions and networks
– Conduct research projects as directed by the Foundation Manager and Foundation
– Manage the regular scheduling and content creation for our Instagram account
– Contribute to the production of print and digital collateral for the promotion of events and
programmes (brochures, flyers, posters etc.)
Apply by Midnight, Thursday 9th July 2020
Salary: £28,000 – £30,000 (dependent on experience)