EFDSS are developing a new project to explore, share and create artistic connections between English traditional folk music and dance, and folk traditions originating from outside Europe. Deadline 17 October.
English Folk Dance and Song Society (EFDSS) are seeking artists from a range of backgrounds to work together on 5
& 6 November at Cecil Sharp House. Successful applicants will
receive two days of paid research and development, plus compensation for
expenses, to explore ideas and material towards developing new
cross-cultural creative learning projects with young people in schools. Deadline
for applications 17 October.
As the first stage in the project, we are seeking artists from a
range of backgrounds to work together for two days to explore ideas and
material towards developing new cross-cultural creative learning
projects with young people in schools.
5 & 6 November 2019, 10am6pm
Cecil Sharp House, 2 Regents Park Road, London NW1 7AY
EFDSS are looking for artists who are:
- Practitioners in English or non-European folk music or dance traditions
- Singers, instrumentalists or dancers
- Established in their own artistic practice
- Committed educators with experience of working with young people in schools
- Excited about cross-cultural and cross-artform collaboration
- Enthusiastic about sharing practice and developing new hybrid forms
- Live and work in England
- Available for both days (5 & 6 November), 10am6pm
£200 per day (£400 total fee) plus reasonable travel and accommodation expenses for artists from outside London
How to apply:
Via email to: Beth Beamer, Education Administrator
- Send a covering letter of up to 500 words explaining why you would
like to take part in this project and what you feel you could offer (ie
an idea or area of practice youd be interested in exploring).
- Attach a biography or CV making clear the artform/s you practise;
your background in either English or a non-European folk music or dance
tradition; your experience of working with young people and schools; and
link to your website (if you have one).
- Confirm that you have the right to work in the United Kingdom and
that you have a recent DBS check and / or would be willing to undergo
one in the future as needed.
Deadline for applications: 9am, Thursday 17 October
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT EFDSS CAN BE FOUND HERE.