International conference taking place in Utrecht, Netherlands.
This call for papers invites academics, policy analysts, practitioners and policy makers from the arts, cultural heritage and community sectors to submit abstracts for consideration around any of the following sub themes:
Case studies of participatory practice or policy in the arts and cultural heritage field: professional and amateur/voluntary;
- Theoretical debates around definitions and ideologies of participation.
- Trends and patterns in participation and engagement in the arts: presentation and discussion. of research and research-informed evaluations.
- Comparative analysis of international policy.
- Issues of policy transfer issues to other areas of public policy.
- How to promote and improve the exchange and utilisation of knowledge amongst practitioners, policy makers, researchers and consultants.
Please submit an abstract of no more than 500 words describing your proposed paper and/or the session you would like to organise, along with a biog of no more than 100 words. All abstracts and enquiries should be sent by email no later than 6th January 2014.
The conference is organised by Leeds Metropolitan University in co-operation with the National Centre of Expertise for Cultural Education and Amateur Arts (LKCA) and the Cultural Participation Fund in the Netherlands.