The Creative People and Places Fund will open for applications from 30 January 2012 to 13 April 2012 and a second round of applications will take place in autumn 2012.
Full guidance notes for applicants will be available to download here: www.artscouncil.org.uk/funding/apply-for-funding/strategic-funding/commissioned-grants/creative-people-and-places-fund/
All applicants must register their intention to apply with their regional Arts Council office by 30 March 2012.
Full eligibility criteria will be published on 30 January 2012, as part of the guidance notes for applicants, and conditions will include the following:
- Organisations or consortia, from the arts or non-arts sectors, that meet the aims and objectives of the work will be eligible to apply.
- A consortium must include representation from the local community, artists and/or arts organisations. We expect local authorities to play an important part in the delivery of these activities but in the majority of places, we do not envisage them to be the lead applicant, although they may be part of a consortia proposal.
- The focus of this fund is arts activity. However, applicants will need to demonstrate how they will work across the arts and cultural sector, including museums and libraries, to deliver their arts programme. Museums and libraries are welcome to apply to deliver activities that are arts focussed.
- The activity must focus on places included in the bottom 20 per cent of the two year average of the Active People survey as identified by Arts Council England – download the list here
- Applicants can apply for a programme of activity that encompasses more than one identified area this may well be appropriate if they are geographically close.
- Organisations who will receive National portfolio funding from April 2012 are only eligible if the activity proposed is in addition to their National portfolio funded activity.
- It is important for applicants/consortia to be in communication with their regional offices.