CPP Hounslow invites submissions from curators, artists, collectives or groups of artists to propose a touring exhibition of contemporary textiles or craft on the theme of Mending Community.
Deadline: 1st February 2021
CPP Hounslow invites submissions from curators, artists, collectives or groups of artists to propose a touring exhibition of contemporary textiles or craft on the theme of Mending Community, using any form of visual arts practice that is suitable for display and touring in libraries, and can include 2D and 3D work (currently they are not able to show moving image work.)
In particular, CPP would like to explore how visual arts and/or craft can help repair communities. They are looking for works that might provoke, or inspire, communities to take action, and where possible, to showcase innovative use of sustainable or recycled materials.
This brief has been devised in consultation with the CPP Hounslow Visual Arts Programme Exhibitions Group, which includes library staff and members of the Hounslow Community.
The selected exhibitor should be prepared to work with various stakeholders, both in person and online.
Exhibitions could respond to the following ideas:
- Proposals could include explorations of social repair and activism, particularly in light of the health, social and economic impacts of COVID-19 on Hounslows communities. It could also be a call to action to people to turn Hounslow into a community of menders, to ensure sustainability and reuse.
- While the work in the exhibition doesnt have to be specifically about Hounslow, they would like the interpretation of the work to be tailored the locality.
- They are particularly interested in exhibitions that use textiles or craft, visible mending and repair, and activism strategies.
- Shortlisting: 4 February 2021
- Interviews: 4 March 2021 (all interviews will be held online)
- Project to be developed: April to August 2021
- Exhibition tour: September 2021 to April 2023
Salary: £1000 payable on the delivery of the project in September 2021
For more information visit the website.