art-K is a private art education service which teaches children (who love art!) weekly during the day, after school and on the weekend. art-K has developed a specialist art program that tutors art skills to create great pieces of art. We are the largest art education service in England, teaching around 3000 children nationally per week!
All educationalist agree that Art has positive effects on mental health, self-confidence and developing an individual personality. art-K helps realise those benefits by engaging teachers dedicated to these ideals and providing art projects that are inspiring and fun.
Our Dulwich Studio is a brand new branch! 50% of time is dedicated to teaching the students, 25% is spent on preparing the classes, 25% to admin and promotion.
The successful applicant will be given full training in our teaching methods and techniques to run the club. The employee will be closely supported by the central support team as well as other art teachers
Working with art-K means you will:
- Work with high teacher-pupil ratios, teaching children who love art.
- Join a strong team of like-minded artists and teachers.
- Gain experience and knowledge in art programmes, teaching, child development and marketing.
- Have face-to-face training on all art projects by Kathryn, the Creative Director.
- Undergo training on marketing from Emily, the Managing Director.
- Work on projects to contribute to the art-K programme by liaising with the whole team.
What we look for:
- Art degree
- Experience working with children
- Basic computer skills
- Experience on social media
- A giving person who is passionate about childrens artistic development.
- A positive attitude to encourage students on their projects.
- Motivated whilst working independently.
- Excited to work with a family-owned brand within a conscientious team.
H&S, child safeguarding and first aid training. 24/7 access to mental health support with BUPA.
Salary: part fixed salary and part performance.
Start times around 10am daily. Term time: Tuesdays to Saturdays. During school holidays leaders work Mondays to Fridays (14 weeks per year).
To apply submit your CV, cover letter and portfolio.