artsdepot are looking for artistic collaborators to work with 3 - 5 schools in the London Borough of Barnet, including at least one primary, one secondary and one SEN, to devise, create and deliver a creative, imaginative and innovative workshop programme around the theme of environmental sustainability.
Deadline: Friday 21st May 2021
Arts Depot are interested to hear from artists and companies from all
disciplines and backgrounds with exciting proposals around the theme of
sustainability for a project to animate and inspire our schools and
community. You could be an architect, a theatre director, a digital
agency, film maker, graphic designer, visual artist etc.
This innovative project will take place in Autumn 2021 and is an
opportunity for schools to collaborate with an award-winning multi-art
form venue and professional cultural innovators / artists on a
meaningful project for young people, school and artist.
What they are looking for:
- Artists or companies who are keen to collaborate with artsdepot, schools and the young people, and co-create a project.
- Artists or companies that have experience in making work with young people.
- Ideas that explore the theme of environmental sustainability.
- They are interested in ideas that embed digital thinking into its creation and / or delivery but this is not essential.
- Submissions where the artist / company incorporates the young peoples contribution.
- A finished exhibition in the Gallery, open to the public. Opening dates: Monday 6 December Friday 31 December 2021.
What they aim to deliver for participants taking part:
- Access to cultural resources from beyond the curriculum.
- Meaningful opportunities to engage with working artists / innovators.
- Opportunities to have their work presented in a professional arts venue.
- Development of social and communication skills such as working as a
team, building confidence, generating ideas collaboratively – that may
complement school learning and skill development progressing into work
or higher education.
- Personal development of students in the form of stimulation of imagination, empathy and cultural appreciation.
- Development of practical creative-based skills and values in creativity and culture to assist future studies.
- Engaging insight into the creative and cultural industry to nurture future talent.
- A sense of personal progression through involvement with the project.
Fee: £10,000 commission*
* This fee is inclusive of planning, delivery, travel, materials,
installation, evaluation, support workers and meetings. This list is a
guide and there may be other costs that you need to consider in your
For more information and to apply visit the website.
Expressions of interest should be no more than 2 sides of A4 and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org