In the summer term, A New Direction will be offering 100 Free Artsmark support INSETs to London schools. Each participating school will receive:
- An initial phone consultation to identify the school’s support needs around Artsmark and their arts & cultural provision
- A 1.5 to 2 hour in-school consultation with the Artsmark coordinator, a member of the school’s senior management team, and another member of staff supporting the application process (where relevant), to work with a facilitator to explore in depth the school’s achievements against the Artsmark criteria and any possible areas of development
- A bespoke 1.5 to 2 hour practical, dynamic twilight INSET session on the same day as the in-school consultation for staff to explore the issues raised in the consultation in a hands-on way.
The Artsmark Support INSET Programme will take place between 22 April and 31 May 2013. In order to be eligible for a free INSET, your school should:
- Be a member of the Artsmark Network and intending to apply for Artsmark or Artsmark Gold
- Commit to release the Artsmark coordinator, SMT member and (if useful) a third member to staff to attend the consultation
- Commit to a minimum of 6 members of staff attending the twilight INSET