ArtsMark celebrates schools which embed arts and culture.
Category: Arts Award and ArtsMark
is available to most education
settings and is an award which
recognises schools who champion and embed the arts and culture. It also
provides access to resources and networks.
You can register here. Once registered
you will receive a level Silver, Gold or Platinum – which you hold for 2
years and will be expected to submit a case study in that time. Fee is £500, or
£250 for small schools. For
an FAQ click here
is open to:
- primary schools
- secondary schools
- independent schools
- special schools
- pupil referral units
who cant apply are:
- schools outside of England
unless they are British Forces posted overseas
- early years settings (0-5)
unless they are attached to a school with Key Stage 1 pupils
- further education
- higher education
A New Direction run Artsmark Connects events. These are open to all teachers – including those not currently registered for Artsmark – and provide the following opportunities.
- Presentations: hear from teachers and the cultural sector
- CPD: an opportunity to try out offers from host Artsmark Partner organisations
- Celebrate: congratulate those schools that have recently been awarded Artsmark
- Discover: find out how Artsmark can help your school
- Network: a chance for teachers and the cultural sector to network and share ideas and practice over a glass of wine (or two!)
In contrast, Arts Award is a qualification for children and young people, and can be completed inside and outside education establishments. LEAN and Greenwich Council partner to support a South London Arts Award Network.