A little about Arts Award and how the children you work with can get involved.
Category: Arts Award and ArtsMark
Arts Award is a range of unique qualifications, and an introductory award, which aims to engage children and young people in the arts and their local arts provision. Anyone can take part up to age 25.
As the levels increase, participants become more involved – from taking part to creating art.
- Arts Award Discover - Introductory level for discovering the arts, designed for ages 5 plus
- Arts Award Explore – Entry Level 3 qualification designed for ages 7 plus
- Bronze Arts Award – Level 1 qualification designed for 11 plus
- Silver Arts Award – Level 2 includes arts practice and leadership
- Gold Arts Award – Level 3 worth 16 UCAS points, includes art development and leadership
To take part you need:
- An Arts Award Adviser
- To record each child’s journey (this is very open and notebooks can be purchased to help)
- To get assessed (this varies with the awards and there is a fee)
A New Direction recently launched a resource to support with delivering the Arts Award online, with a transitional focus to help year 6 children achieve their Arts Award Discover online. This includes a digital logbook to record a childs journey and guidance for facilitators.
LEAN are part of the Lewisham and Greenwich ArtsAward network, keep any eye on our website for future events and do explore the links below for more information.
on LEANs website:
Arts Bulletin – local activities for young people
and Arts Award section – providing up to date information and resources about the awards
Did you know
we offer 1-2-1
surgeries to help you with your arts education ideas and projects?