LEAN's Annual Free Event
Date: 29/06/2022 – 29/06/2022
Join us for a fun and thought provoking evening on 30 January at Trinity Laban, Creekside.
The evening will include:
- A ‘Diary Room’ to record your questions and comments for Michael Gove
- Michael Gove masks by Cartoonist for the Guardian, Martin Rowson
- Listen and contribute to Provocations and Debate, with Henry Ward*, Head of Education at Southbank Centre; Jane Hendrie, Manager of LEAN; Veronica Jobbins, Head of Learning and Participation, Trinity Laban (Dance); and others
- Contribute your statements to the manifesto in a creative workshop
- Opportunities for informal and formal networking
- Free refreshments
About our guest:
is currently the Head of Education at Southbank Centre, and Former
Deputy Head Teacher, Director of Art at Welling School. Whilst at
Welling School, he put art at the heart of the curriculum, helping
establish a gallery, the Alturnertive Prize and took on science lessons
which were taught through the arts. http://www.wellingvisualarts.org/
This arts education, networking and AGM event for 2014
will be an opportunity to look at different opinions and implications
of the new curriculum’s impact on the arts. Following on from the Provocations, creatively contribute to arguments as we work towards a collective manifesto for the arts in learning.
This event is free and there will be opportunities to
chat with other practitioners and educators over a glass of wine, as
well as structured networking. The event is for all of those involved in
arts education in Lewisham; teachers, creative practitioners and cultural organisations, youth workers, council officers, health professionals and more.
Venue: Laban Building, Creekside, London, SE8 3DZ
Laban Building is located 15 minutes walk from Cutty Sark DLR station, 10 minutes from Deptford and Greenwich or 15 minutes from New Cross. Bus numbers 47, 53, 89, 177, 188, 199, 225 and 453 stop near Laban Building.
- 4.30pm Registration and drinks
- 5.00pm LEAN’s 8th Annual General Meeting
- 5.30pm Provocation
- 6.00pm Breakout sessions
- 6.40pm Feedback and summary
- 7.00pm Drinks, snacks and networking