Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /mnt/BLOCKSTORAGE/home/236493.cloudwaysapps.com/rarybhqmze/public_html/web/app/uploads/cache/3d096db32f4c3d73aee2512f85d6cf1c337f93ce.php on line 18
This year our LEAN AGM and arts education event will be focused on bringing together teachers, artists and freelancers as we Build a Borough of Culture Together. Hosted at the wonderful Migration Museum based at Lewisham Shopping Centre, it will be an opportunity for networking and taking part in one of a specially curated menu of taster workshops.
This event is for all Lewisham schools, colleges and early years professionals and freelance artists and arts managers.Workshops on the evening will be run by the Migration Museum, Sounds Like Chaos, IRIE! Dance, Spread the Word, Alleyne Dance and the Horniman Museum.
- Make a mini Walrus with Horniman Museum for the February Creative Challenge and find out how to get your children involved.
- Hear about how your young people can become curators and enter the Migration Museum’s design an exhibit competition
- Meet Alleyne Dance, experience their unique style and hear about how to get involved in Mass Dance in October. You can get moving too – or just watch
- Explore your local area in poetry and spoken word with Spread the Word and look at the upcoming Deptford Literature Festival and the LBoC March Creative Challenge (Storytelling).
- Meet young people from Sounds Like Chaos who are building CLIMATE HOME, a temporary, sustainable space, co-designed, built and led by young people where the community decides what matters and discover ways to act upon it. This workshop will look at how teachers and their students can get involved.
- What is it that teachers are looking for when working with artists? What are the top tips and how best can we work together to bring dynamic creative experiences into the classroom? Artists and arts organisations can hear from a panel of teachers from Forest Hill School, Beecroft Primary and Watergate School and there will be an open Q&A session.
Please note that we are doing whatever we can to make this exciting live event Covid secure so that all our attendees and partners can enjoy coming together safely. If restrictions and government guidelines change this event will be postponed rather than move online.