An opportunity to explore this innovative place-making child focused project, plus a chance to see the Turner Prize exhibition at Turner Contemporary.
Date: 03/03/2024 – 03/03/2024
Pioneering Places East Kent will share
some of the knowledge, experiences and learning from phase one at a three hour symposium at Turner Contemporary Margate.
With a focus on our groundbreaking work with schools and our Young
Arts and Heritage Leaders, this event promises to be an invaluable
opportunity for educators, policymakers and cultural organisations to
share best practice and discover new ways to explore heritage, develop
civic pride and connect artists and communities.
Projects and topics covered will include:
- Strategies for meaningful child leadership
- Art and culture across the curriculum
- Youth voice in town planning and placemaking
- Developing civic pride through history and heritage
- Cultural organisations and community cohesion
- Child-led commissioning of new public artworks
Attendees will also have the opportunity to visit the Turner Prize exhibition at Turner Contemporary, featuring the work of Lawrence Abu Hamdan, Helen Cammock, Oscar Murillo and Tai Shani.