Sample - Discover - Share
FREE local Creative Networking & Arts Sampling Event for Teachers and Librarians in South East London (particularly those in Bexley and Bromley)
Date: 26/06/2022 – 26/06/2022
Following on from our
popular event in November, Sample – Discover – Share
(Greenwich), join us for an evening of creative activities, networking and wine at
Townley Grammar School, Bexleyheath.
This is a chance for teachers and librarians working in Bexley and Bromley (those from other South East London boroughs are also welcome) to meet others in your sector, sample a range of creative activities and meet local artists and cultural organisations; all without having to travel in to central London.
At the event you will be able to:
insight into local creative opportunities available for your pupils
multi-art form ideas & techniques (more detail below).
your knowledge of Artsmark and Arts Award
and meet local artists and cultural organisations
& network over a complimentary glass of wine and canapes!
Confirmed workshops include (more to come soon!):
- Read Film: introducing the power of using film as text (Into Film);
- Light and Dark: explore where our preconceptions come from and
how we can use Light and Darkness as a creative tool (Ben Radcliffe, Rose Bruford College);
- By Airmail:
Creative Letter Writing: will explore creative letter writing as a
way into poetry and other approaches (Miriam Nash);
- How to make Felt: workshop includes how to incorporate different colours, balls and use embellishments (Jennie Grover);
- Resistant-Materials: through the visual arts, this session explores
confiscated objects as visual
evidence of pupil resistant behaviour (Guy
- Other sessions currently being
finalised include: dance and diverse needs, vocal workshop and more.
This event is in partnership with Bexley Music Hub and Bird
College, and supported by Apples and Snakes, one of four associate Bridge
organisations in London. A list of available workshops will be posted
Where and When:
Wednesday 8 October
Bexleyheath, DA6 7AB
– Registration and refreshments
– Welcome and Introductions
– 6.00pm – First – workshop
– 6.55pm – Second workshop
– 7.30pm – Drinks, snacks and networking
Registration is essential, to book please click on the button below.
Creative Practitioners and Cultural Organisations click here to find out how you can be involved.